How to fix your internet connection for a smooth lesson in the Skillings
If you find that your connection is poor before a lesson or if your lesson gets repeatedly interrupted due to the connection issues, it’s time to fix your network.
Here are some tips to speed up your internet:
- Make sure you’re connected to Wi-Fi or a cable internet network, not to your mobile internet.
- Move closer to your router. If this doesn’t help, try restarting your router.
- If connection issues continue, you may try restarting your computer as well.
- Close other apps or tabs in your browser that might be using internet bandwidth.
- If you are downloading files, pause the download.
- Connect with an ethernet cable if you have one. Read more about how to set up your ethernet connection here.
- If none of the above options help, try switching off your video and complete the Skillings lesson with only your audio on. This won’t guarantee a high quality lesson experience, but it will help you stay connected with your student.
- Finally, to make sure your future lessons on Skillings are smooth and your students stay satisfied, contact your Internet service provider for a more detailed diagnosis of your network.
- One last tip: if you plan to give lessons from a public space or a café, check that they have a strong internet connection plenty of time before your lessons.